The Erudite Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Erudite Society

Where thought is free and the civilized may congregate for intellectually stimulating discussion.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Words of Wisdom
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:21 am by Armel Rivera

» The side facing the Moon Hot?
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 am by Kiley Do

» Depression
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:42 pm by Christopher Ortega

» What is genius?
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 am by Kim Griffiths

» Global Warming? True or False?
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm by Tyler Bryant

» Are Humans Inherently Greedy?
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm by Jonathan Stagnaro

» A Haiku - Open Mic Night
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm by Armel Rivera

» Jehova Witness
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 pm by Jerel Crespo

» Who is your favorite artist?
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 am by Jerel Crespo

Top posters
Jerel Crespo
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Vote_lcapGlobal Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Voting_barGlobal Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Nick Culver
Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Vote_lcapGlobal Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Voting_barGlobal Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Larry Griffin
Shawn Toner
Kim Griffiths
Brad Jones
Maggie Tello
Erin Clarke
Arielle Martinez
Thomas Bird
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Global Warming? True or False?

Go down 
+15
Larry Griffin
Michael Bird
Darius Hooshmandan
Shawn Toner
Jonathan Stagnaro
Arrin Washington
Jessica Jackson
Kiley Do
Thursby Pierce
Jerel Crespo
Josh Stupple
Agustin DeJesus
Nick Culver
Norby Swiatek
Michael Ortiz
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Armel Rivera
Dunce
Dunce

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Tyler Bryant wrote:
Armel Rivera wrote:
I did some Googling on the event and it seems:

"The volcano erupts with a near-clockwork cycle of every 600,000 years. The last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago - we are overdue for annihilation."

"If the temperatures plummet by the 21 degrees they did after the Sumatra eruption the Yellowstone super volcano eruption could truly be an extinction level event."

It also seems that it will not only cover 3 states, but basically most of the US...some scary shit...

Thats nice, thankyou for making my doomsday scenerio even worse xD

So, anyone up for some underground greenhouses and living quarters?

jaja, I'm wondering right now were might any of them be stationed at, I'm sure as soon as that thing blows up, and we all will be able to hear the explosion (read it on the article) not everyone will be able to escape the extinction that awaits us.
Back to top Go down
Jerel Crespo
The Legend
Jerel Crespo

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:33 am

True, but it doesn't matter in the end. Quit wasting resources on this triviality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/voxpopuli
Armel Rivera
Dunce
Dunce

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:33 pm

If we were to dig an underground shelter with an almost limitless supply of necessities for our own security, would the government intervene in any way?
Back to top Go down
Jerel Crespo
The Legend
Jerel Crespo

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:05 am

Armel Rivera wrote:
If we were to dig an underground shelter with an almost limitless supply of necessities for our own security, would the government intervene in any way?
Almost limitless still implies an End.
Back to top Go down
Armel Rivera
Dunce
Dunce

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:34 am

Jerel Crespo wrote:
Armel Rivera wrote:
Almost limitless still implies an End.

Of course, but seeing how the government enjoys controlling even our own decisions, I was wondering, if it was to be made, would the government intervene in any way?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Stagnaro
Prole
Prole
Jonathan Stagnaro

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Everything expires over time, why would you want to do that? It will only prolong the end or at least I think so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.team945robotics.net
Armel Rivera
Dunce
Dunce

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:44 pm

The end comes when all of a species resources are completely undo from its habitat. I try not to prolong, but rather conserve life...if it is in my power to endure an additional amount of time with whatever limitless supply I may have, why not tolerate until the eye of the storm comes, and if it never arrives, I may proudly say, I was the last human standing on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Jerel Crespo
The Legend
Jerel Crespo

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Well said, Armel.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Bryant
Dunce
Dunce
Tyler Bryant

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm

Armel Rivera wrote:
The end comes when all of a species resources are completely undo from its habitat. I try not to prolong, but rather conserve life...if it is in my power to endure an additional amount of time with whatever limitless supply I may have, why not tolerate until the eye of the storm comes, and if it never arrives, I may proudly say, I was the last human standing on Earth.

This should be the statement made by all mankind. A statement of preserverance rather than that of acceptance. It is the statement that has been dulled by the ages. We were once proud and fought for our place, we strove to better ourselves and advance to a better tomorrow.
Today we have slumped casually into acceptance. We allow our elected heads to control our fears, we accept what they say are OUR problems.

If all thought as you we would have a better world. One were all apply themselves to the very limits, and stretch themselves to expand those limits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming? True or False?   Global Warming? True or False? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Warming? True or False?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Erudite Society :: Discussion :: Science-
Jump to: