The Erudite Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Erudite Society

Where thought is free and the civilized may congregate for intellectually stimulating discussion.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Words of Wisdom
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:21 am by Armel Rivera

» The side facing the Moon Hot?
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 am by Kiley Do

» Depression
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:42 pm by Christopher Ortega

» What is genius?
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 am by Kim Griffiths

» Global Warming? True or False?
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:39 pm by Tyler Bryant

» Are Humans Inherently Greedy?
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm by Jonathan Stagnaro

» A Haiku - Open Mic Night
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm by Armel Rivera

» Jehova Witness
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 pm by Jerel Crespo

» Who is your favorite artist?
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 am by Jerel Crespo

Top posters
Jerel Crespo
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Vote_lcapAre Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Voting_barAre Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Nick Culver
Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Vote_lcapAre Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Voting_barAre Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Larry Griffin
Shawn Toner
Kim Griffiths
Brad Jones
Maggie Tello
Erin Clarke
Arielle Martinez
Thomas Bird
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Are Humans Inherently Greedy?

Go down 
+7
Arielle Martinez
Darius Hooshmandan
Erin Clarke
Larry Griffin
Jerel Crespo
Nick Culver
Shawn Toner
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nick Culver
The Legend
Nick Culver

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:10 am

Jordan Jamro wrote:
Nick Culver wrote:

Ahhh I see, this "Jesus" person is something like the greek Zeus. I enjoyed that story very much though, if you could give me the name of the book it is from I would very much like to read it, I could even swap you if you have the book, you could borrow my collection of fairy tales! It would be delightful! Nothing better than a bit of fiction before bed!

Wow, Nick, your level of ignorance amazes me. Don't mock people for what they believe. How do you know this never happened? Like you said in another post "just because you werent there doesnt mean it didnt happen" (i dont remember the whole quote, but you get the idea).

Wow, Jordan, your pretentiousness amazes me. Do go ahead and show me how the Christian Deity(deities) is any different than the Greek deities. Also, there is no historical account of it ever occuring anywhere. The "bible" which is a collection of accounts from various people, written or at least put together at least one hundred years after his supposed death is by no means historical evidence for his existence. One would think such a figure would be accounted in a variety of other sources outside the New Testament from the time period in which he was purported to exist, sadly he is not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eruditesociety.com/
Larry Griffin
Scholar
Scholar
Larry Griffin

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:58 am

Jordan Jamro wrote:
Nick Culver wrote:

Ahhh I see, this "Jesus" person is something like the greek Zeus. I enjoyed that story very much though, if you could give me the name of the book it is from I would very much like to read it, I could even swap you if you have the book, you could borrow my collection of fairy tales! It would be delightful! Nothing better than a bit of fiction before bed!

Wow, Nick, your level of ignorance amazes me. Don't mock people for what they believe. How do you know this never happened? Like you said in another post "just because you werent there doesnt mean it didnt happen" (i dont remember the whole quote, but you get the idea).

Just because you weren't there doesn't mean it did happen either.
Back to top Go down
http://miscutopia.20.forumer.com/index.php
Jordan Jamro
Prole
Prole

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Nick Culver wrote:
Jordan Jamro wrote:
Nick Culver wrote:

Wow, Jordan, your pretentiousness amazes me. Do go ahead and show me how the Christian Deity(deities) is any different than the Greek deities. Also, there is no historical account of it ever occuring anywhere. The "bible" which is a collection of accounts from various people, written or at least put together at least one hundred years after his supposed death is by no means historical evidence for his existence. One would think such a figure would be accounted in a variety of other sources outside the New Testament from the time period in which he was purported to exist, sadly he is not.

All I was saying was that you shouldn't bash someone for their beliefs by compairing them to a "fairy tail" because you think otherwise. I personally dont have any views on religion, but no one is mocking what you believe. You dont necessarily need solid evidence to believe in something.
Back to top Go down
Nick Culver
The Legend
Nick Culver

Number of posts : 587

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Jordan Jamro wrote:
Nick Culver wrote:
Jordan Jamro wrote:
Nick Culver wrote:

All I was saying was that you shouldn't bash someone for their beliefs by compairing them to a "fairy tail" because you think otherwise. I personally dont have any views on religion, but no one is mocking what you believe. You dont necessarily need solid evidence to believe in something.

Exactly you dont need evidence to believe it, which makes it just as valid as a fairy tale, which also has NO evidence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eruditesociety.com/
Erin Clarke
Plebian
Plebian
Erin Clarke

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Larry Griffin wrote:
Jordan Jamro wrote:
Nick Culver wrote:

Just because you weren't there doesn't mean it did happen either.

Jordan isn't even attempting to prove that it did happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/15336237
Armel Rivera
Dunce
Dunce

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Larry Griffin wrote:
Armel Rivera wrote:
Human greediness can be observed on a T.V. show known as Deal or No Deal
Why not explain what about it can be observed as greedy, so as to provoke more discussion?

Simple, a person walks into the show wanting money. It doesn't mean the person has no money, however the person needs it. Throughtout the show, contestants are to open various kinds of suitcases containing different values, until the remiaing one is left while the player holds one. Through the whole opening suitcase thing, some unknown character offers the contestant various amounts of money depending on the values left in the unopened suitcases. The highest amount is usually $500,000, sometimes $1,000,000. If the case containing the higher amount is not open, the player is holding that amount, presumably. The unknown character offers the contestant money in order to buy the case from the holder. That being said, I have personally seen people turn down huge amounts of money, about $800,000 or even more, and ended up getting but $1.
Back to top Go down
Jerel Crespo
The Legend
Jerel Crespo

Number of posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:29 am

No, it's merely a Deadly Sin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/voxpopuli
Armel Rivera
Dunce
Dunce

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Greed, it is the cause of mostly every problem in America...
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Stagnaro
Prole
Prole
Jonathan Stagnaro

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Armel Rivera wrote:
Greed, it is the cause of mostly every problem in America...

In America and everywhere else...
Back to top Go down
http://www.team945robotics.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Humans Inherently Greedy?   Are Humans Inherently Greedy? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Humans Inherently Greedy?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Erudite Society :: Discussion :: Philosophy-
Jump to: